- April 13, 2021 /
- Posted by admin
Padel tennis is becoming more popular by the day. The game that originated from Spain, took the world by storm and has quickly made its way all across the globe with much popularity in the GCC region, especially padel tennis in UAE & Qatar.
There are loads of different flooring that can be used for padel courts as long as they provide a regular bounce and avoid the accumulation of water on the surface:
- Porous concrete – This type of surface has pores from which water can be drained.
- Cement – Cement makes the ball bounce faster and higher because of its smoothness. This is not the ideal playing surface for padel tennis.
- Synthetic materials such as resin are another option which are quite famous and used for tennis and approved by ITF standards to make the game faster, medium and slow paced.
- Artificial Turf – This is the most common and long lasting surface which allows for a slower paced game play. Although there is a variety of artificial turf for padel tennis as well.
Advantage of using artificial turf for your padel court:
Artificial turf is a lot softer than its counterparts and you can have lots of benefits of using artificial turf for padel courts. Players need to move around a lot inside the court and the constant back and forth can damage the joints and knees if the surface is hard, hence this pressure is evaded by the use of artificial turf. Additionally, artificial grass makes sure the ball doesn’t bounce too high or too fast. This results in a better gameplay experience for players. With the added use of sand infill, the game experience becomes even better. Click here if you want to know more about the benefits of using sand infill for your padel court.
Maintenance of artificial turf for padel court:
The maintenance of your artificial turf for padel court depends on a wide range of factors such as the type of artificial turf, frequency of use, climate, humidity, sand type etc.
Certain maintenance tasks will remain necessary to avoid the artificial turf losing its character:
- Regular cleaning of the surface
- Brushing of the silica sand
- Prevention action to avoid contamination due to fungus
- Replacement of silica sand
- Control and verification of joints